- The furlough and self-employment schemes have been a lifeline for millions of people and businesses.
- The Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme has supported nearly 9 million jobs, at a value of £20 billion, benefitting over a million businesses.
- More than 2 million self-employed people are receiving support through the Self-Employment Income Support Scheme.
- Figures for Lewisham West & Penge show that 12,100 jobs have been protected through the furlough scheme. There are also 5,500 self-employed people benefitting from £17,300,000 of support.
- Government is providing an additional £600 million to help reduce the spread of coronavirus in care homes
- Bromley Council set to receive £2,178,846 as part of this package
- Part of wider support for care home residents and staff, including protecting wages and access to PPE training
The future of the planned extension of the Bakerloo line has been called into question after Government had to bail out Transport for London (TfL), which is run by the Labour Mayor of London.
London Assembly candidate for Greenwich & Lewisham, Charlie Davis, has welcomed the announcement that police ranks in the Metropolitan Police have been bolstered with an additional 714 officers since the government launched its major recruitment drive in September 2019.